During quarantine, Ginger Chef joined us at our Virtually Live Friday Night Facebook Live and prepared some delicious cuisine made with Ciderboys Hard Cider!
Try the Ciderboys Beer Can Chicken with Grits & Salad from your own kitchen!
1 each roasting chicken 2-3 lbs
1 can Ciderboys Peach Country Cider (Can)
Wisconsin cheddar grits
1⁄2 cup quick grits or polenta
2 cups milk
1⁄2 cup Wisconsin cheddar, grated
2 oz butter
Salt and pepper to taste
1 TBSP kosher salt
1 TBSP granulated garlic
1⁄2 TBSP black pepper
1⁄2 TBSP onion powder
1 tsp cayenne
1 tsp paprika, smoked paprika if possible 1 TBSP light brown sugar
Arugula & Peach Salad Ingredients
1 cup arugula
1 peach, sliced thin
1 shallot, sliced thin 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
Method of Preparation
1⁄2 cup water
1⁄2 cup sugar
1⁄2 oz Olive oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Combine all ingredients for rotisserie seasoning and season the chicken
2. Open Peach Country Cider and poke holes in top
3. Pour off half into a glass to cheers when the chicken goes into the oven
4. Stuff can into cavity of chicken so that the can is holding the chicken upright with the drumsticks angled outward.
5. Place chicken in preheated oven set at 425 degrees and cook for 45-50 minutes until instant read thermometer reads 165 degrees
While chicken is cooking.......
1. Bring milk to a simmer and then add grits
2. Stir and cook grits for about 5 minutes. Do not let the grits sit for too long without stirring, they will scorch.
3. After 5 minutes, add butter, salt, pepper, & Wisconsin cheddar to the grits and stir to combine
4. Pickle the sliced shallot by bringing the apple cider vinegar, sugar and water to a boil and then add the shallots
5. Boil for 5 minutes and then turn off, drain (reserved the pickling liquid) and cool
6. Combine arugula, sliced peaches, and pickled shallot with Olive oil & 2 tsp of the pickling liquid
Spoon grits onto plate and place chicken portion (whatever your preference) on top. Place a little of the salad next to the chicken